A typical day -
- Every day starts with free choice. Your child can explore our science or sensory centers, navigate an obstacle course, paint a masterpiece, or settle into our book nook.
- Opening circle - This is when our teachers explore the week's theme with the class as a whole.
- Small group - The 3's and 4's class break out into small group for more open ended play, gross motor movement (gym time for 4's), and project based learning or art.
- Snack - We "eat the alphabet" every day, enjoying everything from apples to zucchini!
- Closing circle - Music, movement, finger play, rhymes and storytime end our day on a high note. **On Tuesdays, Music Together follows circle time and small group time is reduced.
Play based -
9:15 - 12:00 - 3’s class 9:15 - 12:15 - 4’s class
St. Clare Cooperative Nursery School has one, multi-age class consisting of both 3 and 4-year-olds. Children attend Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We approach the school year with a “gentle” start. The first day of school is shortened, your child will meet with only half of the class, and you will attend with them. Our goal is to foster strong relationships and we feel that gradually building up to a full school day will achieve this.
In preparation for Kindergarten, St. Clare offers an optional Lunch Buddy Program on select Thursdays during the school year. Lunch buddies is an opportunity for 4 year old children to stay an extra hour or so, eat lunch away from home, build social skills and practice being at school for longer stretches of time. For a small additional fee, lunch buddies is a great opportunity for children to develop the confidence and self-sufficiency needed for Kindergarten.
OUR CALENDAR IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH BOTH THE ST. CLARE CALENDAR AND THE GROSSE POINTE PUBLIC SCHOOLS CALENDAR.
Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year at St. Clare Cooperative Nursery School will be $1,750. There is a non-refundable enrollment fee of $150.00 due at the time of registration.
There are two payment options:
A. Pay the full tuition on or before the September general membership meeting and receive a 5% discount, making the total tuition payment $1,425.
B. Make 3 payments of $500 each. Payments will be due at the membership meetings in September, November and February.