A typical day -
- Every day starts with free choice. Your child can explore our science or sensory centers, navigate an obstacle course, paint a masterpiece, or settle into our book nook.
- Opening circle - This is when our teachers explore the week's theme with the class as a whole.
- Small group - The 3's and 4's class break out into small group for more open ended play, gross motor movement (gym time for 4's), and project based learning or art.
- Snack - We "eat the alphabet" every day, enjoying everything from apples to zucchini!
- Closing circle - Music, movement, finger play, rhymes and storytime end our day on a high note. **On Tuesdays, Music Together follows circle time and small group time is reduced.
Play based -
9:15 - 12:00 - 3’s class 9:15 - 12:15 - 4’s class
St. Clare Cooperative Nursery School has one, multi-age class consisting of both 3 and 4-year-olds. Children attend Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We approach the school year with a “gentle” start. The first day of school is shortened, your child will meet with only half of the class, and you will attend with them. We gradually build up to a full school day.
In preparation for Kindergarten, St. Clare will be offering a Lunch Buddy Program on select Thursdays during the school year. Lunch buddies is an opportunity for 4 year old children to stay an extra hour or so, eat lunch away from home, build social skills and practice being at school for longer stretches of time. For a small additional fee, lunch buddies is a great opportunity for children to develop the confidence and self-sufficiency needed for Kindergarten.
OUR CALENDAR IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH BOTH THE ST. CLARE CALENDAR AND THE GROSSE POINTE PUBLIC SCHOOLS CALENDAR.
Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year at St. Clare Cooperative Nursery School will be $1,500. There is a non-refundable enrollment fee of $150.00 due at the time of registration.
There are two payment options:
A. Pay the full tuition on or before the September general membership meeting and receive a 5% discount, making the total tuition payment $1,425.
B. Make 3 payments of $500 each. Payments will be due at the membership meetings in September, November and February.