Let's start with defining the words:
Cooperative means demonstrating a willingness to cooperate; working together for a common purpose or benefit.
Nursery school is a learning environment for children under the age of five.
A cooperative nursery school is a group of parents and teachers acting together to provide a quality school experience for children under the age of five, before formal schooling begins.
St. Clare Parents
- Have a strong impact on their child's first school experience.
- Are involved in their child's gentle beginning to the school year.
- Have a solid understanding of what their child does in school.
- Are supported during the joyous as well as trying times of childrearing.
- Are encouraged to share their talents, skills and family culture.
- Are able to observe young children in a group setting to gain insight into typical preschool behavior and development.